If you landed here due to the comPLEXities you’re experiencing using Plex, rest assured you’re not alone. Plex is one of the best entertainment hubs currently available, but get ready for a steep learning curve, guys and gals. The excellent news is that once you’ve mastered it, you’ll have a superb looking tool to manage your multimedia on one platform.
Why choose Plex?
- It’s a multi-lingual platform
- It’s an open-source development.
- You can customize Plex with a variety of third-party plug-ins, such as Netflix.
- It optimizes all your media in one place.
- You can stream between devices.
- You can stream and record free TV channels.
How to get started and use Plex?
Let’s begin your journey with this entertaining app:
- Install the app on all your devices you want to connect to Plex, starting with your primary PC or laptop.
- When the installation is complete, select ‘Launch’ to redirect to a new browser window.
- Create your new Plex account by following all prompts. If you skip this step, you’ll only access limited functionality. It’s advisable to complete your new account and make use of the full suite of features.
- Add your libraries by following the straightforward prompts on Plex. It’s handy at this point to know that you can continue following more setup steps while your media syncs from all devices.
- You can choose the option to send all user data to Plex automatically moving forward. It’s a great time saver when you have multiple devices.
- In the L-side menu, you’ll see a notice to ‘Claim your current network.’ Click on the alert to identify your server in the future.
- Click on the alert next to ‘Remote Access’ > ‘Enable Remote Access.’ It allows all other devices to connect to your Plex hub.
- Select the ‘Channels’ option on the side menu. Click on each channel you want and press ‘Install.’
- Now you can move on to your other devices and follow the setup prompts. It’ll show you how to share media between devices.
- You can customize your account to your heart’s content. Don’t worry; you can’t break Plex, so be creative and have fun creating your playlists.